I partnered with Scholastic to share this giveaway.
School. That’s one “S” I never missed once I graduated high school, and now it’s back in my face and seems so soon. Max is graduating from Pre-K in a few weeks and the official begin of kindergarten is closing in. When did this all happen?
Having school-aged children changes everything.
On one side it’s great because they have “free babysitting” and you stick to a schedule. On the other hand, you can’t just pick up and travel when you want to, there are bake sales, PTAs and fundraising. UGH.
So – now the other “S” is approaching – SUMMER. It sounds great on paper – hot weather, beach, our pool is open… sleeping in. But that will last about a week, let’s be honest. So why not throw some fun, educational workbooks into that road trip bag? Luckily, Max is into school – for some reason my son finds numbers and counting fascinating (how long will this last?) So I decided to partner with Scholastic for their #ScholasticSummerExpress – to giveaway a fun prize pack to help keep the kids occupied over those long summer days. That’s right. When they cry cause they are bored – I will say – “GREAT! Here is a load of laundry you can fold”, followed by, “here is a great workbook to help you prep for kindergarten!”
Sounds like a mean mom? No – it’s a smart mom! And you can join me:
Join the #ScholasticSummerExpress Movement – Enter Here!
One (1) winner receives:
- Complete set of 6 Summer Express workbooks;
- Collection of 5 Scholastic books to engage ages 4 – 12! The Scholastic books included in the prize pack are:
- Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sís
- Little Red’s Riding Hood by Peter Stein and Chris Gall
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan
- A Pet for Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
**Giveaway open to US addresses only. Prizing and samples provided by Scholastic.
Don’t want to chance it? Order on Amazon here:
- Between Grades PreK & K
- Between Grades K & 1
- Between Grades 1 & 2
- Between Grades 2 & 3
- Between Grades 3 & 4
- Between Grades 4 & 5
About the Workbooks
From the award-winning editors of Weekly Reader comes this collection of colorful, fun-filled activity pages designed to reinforce academic skills and knowledge through engaging activities. Targeted to specific grade levels, each book will help prevent summer learning loss with age-appropriate activities that meet today’s higher education standards. With more than 100 curriculum-based activities targeting vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, and math, these books will help give children a head start in the coming school year.
- Curriculum-based pages help reinforce vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, math skills, and more
- Helps prevent summer learning loss and prepares students for the coming school year
- 100 activity pages arranged in a progressive, 10-week format
- Suggestions for quick and easy activities to enhance learning and fun
- Colorful stickers for completing each activity
- Includes a weekly incentive chart and certificate
Author: Stephanie Barnhart
Stephanie Barnhart is Author/Founder of Footballfoodandmotherhood.com, New York Editor for Mommy Nearest Magazine, and Founder/Social Media Strategist of SocialmindedMediaGroup.com. Stephanie is also a speaker of best online practices for small business and soloprenurs, as well as an educator to parents on social media monitoring. She has also been seen in the New York Times, PARENTGUIDE News, NY Metro Parent, ABC News, and been a contributing author on various websites.